Inclusion and Equity in Coworking Working Group (Bi-Weekly)
November 4 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm UTC+0
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 12:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating indefinitely
While we don’t have the answers, we know that the racial inequities that affect our society are prevalent in coworking.
Women Who Cowork is holding space to have a regular, ongoing group think with the goal of creating actionable steps toward creating an inclusive and equitable coworking movement.
We desire to create a working group that is not white-centered, and yet starting off this conversation as two white women, we acknowledge that the working agenda below is only representative of our experience. As this group grows, we hope that the diversity of thought grows with it, and allows the agenda to shift to accommodate a diversity of experiences.
We need your voice! Open to all who identify as women and non-binary people working as operators, founders and members of coworking spaces.
Ongoing working agenda:
- CHECK IN: 20 minutes
- How are you currently addressing the theme of racial justice and racial healing in yourself and your community?
- What did you get done these past two weeks?
- JOURNAL REFLECTION: 10 minutes
- Anti-racism requires that we all do the inner work to create outer change. PROMPT: What is a current area of discomfort you are experiencing around the conversation on racial division in our society? What is one actionable step you commit to taking in the next two weeks?
- GROUP THINK: 25 minutes
- Discussion and share of actionable steps. PROMPT: What can we be doing as an industry to create a sense of belonging for everyone?
- WRAP UP: 5 minutes
This event is free and you can register here.